Fightmon Weekly Newsletter - February 23, 2013
February 23, 2013
The official fightmon newsletter, including technical updates, delays, and anything fightmon.
Game announcement of the week - Public Beta
It's the moment you've all been waiting for! Here is our first-ever public beta of Fightmon the Game: Pluff:   (Flash required, we are still waiting on Stencyl 3.0 for HTML5)
Fightmon of the week!
Location of the week!
Discussion over the last month
As you may or may not know, we now have a developer's message board. We've been getting so much done, but we're not ready to release it all yet. We have over 1,000 posts regarding over 100 topics. Here's some of the new developments:
Opening up forums
Even though Fightmon the game: Pluff won't come out for a few months, you can now get organized at the forums!
We did some scheduled maintenance on the site. It went much better than expected.
The new public beta is above. The images are in progress.
Nothing new today!
- 2years-too-young: What were your first impressions of fightmon when you first visited the wiki?
- iggyvolz: I originally called it "fightman". (whoops!) At first, I was a little skeptical, because most of the pages were locked and there were spelling and syntax errors in the pages. I jumped right into programming and made this within an hour.
- 2years-too-young: I don't blame you, I always thought someone would come and edit pages wrongly so I locked everything. What made you decide to make a game for fightmon?
- iggyvolz: I had just been experimenting with a new program called GameMaker and I found it to be like Pokemon, so I made a quick demo to see if you wanted to make a game.
- 2years-too-young: How did you think of making King Nom Th-gif? What inspired you?
- iggyvolz: I needed a king for Darkfire. I don't exactly remember how I came up with it, but I took Fightmon backwards and made his name.
- 2years-too-young: Hmm, well that definitely worked out well! What would you say was your best idea for fightmon that you made?
- iggyvolz: Probably Nom Th-Gif's name (mostly because that was my only idea)
- 2years-too-young: Interesting, I'd have to agree, because King Nom's someone we can use many times throughout fightmon history. This ends our interview for today, thank you Iggyvolz for agreeing to answer my questions.
- iggyvolz: Thanks for having me!